May 31, 2011

12 hole jitters

--
course played:  transit valley country club
holes played:  1 through 18
balls lost:  2
balls found:  2
--

transit valley

i went to buffalo to celebrate memorial day and to swing some clubs at the place where elliot perfected his golf game.  according to the website, i was in some serious company:

"The primary focus of our club is golf. 
Transit Valley’s reputation as one of the finest golf courses
drew some of the world's greatest golfers.  
Walter Hagen, Sam Snead, Cary Middlecoff, Jackie Burke, Jimmy Thompson,
Bobby Locke, and Gene Sarazen all were visiting players. 
Walter Hagen was an Honorary Member of Transit Valley."

eager to impress elliot's mom, "giver of my driver," and neel, "person to whom i had been talking a big game," i took my game face out of my suitcase and put it on before heading to the course. 

it must have fallen off en route to transit.  to sum up a long and painful round, it took 12 holes for me to start playing some respectable golf - the '12 hole jitters' as some might say.  after regaining my composure, it then took me only 1 hole to lose it again.

i will take this experience as a sign that i need some actual lessons.  watching the golf channel doesn't seem to be doing it for me.

2 comments:

  1. Come to DC and play with Raggi and I. You'll feel like you're skills are PGA tour material in no time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell me the date, and i will be there...

    ReplyDelete