May 4, 2011

an ode to squaw

as i sit here on 'hump day'* thinking about weekend plans, it has come to my attention that ski season has officially come to a close.  with that, i leave you with a mediocre poem and some photos of beautiful squaw valley.

california winter first led me to you
lady squaw, you had too few blues

many lessons, i did in fact take
to tackle greens or blacks, a pact i did make

on siberia, you made me cry
a truth, which i can not deny!

down shirley lake, i surely tumbled
from the chamois, we have all stumbled

it was the first of many, as seasons go
the snow and the mountain, i will miss you so

a glimpse of the lake

 a look at the mountain

another peek at the lake

view from the base of the kt-22 lift
where i was waiting for everyone else to finish 

last weekend... in april.
 heavy snow; low visability

me and my purple pants

* 'hump day' as in wednesday... you perverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment