February 1, 2011

swordfish & michelle

to conclude what was a wonderful[ly-rainy] weekend, kilo (new-amazing-friend) and franimal (new-amazing-friend) invited elliot and me over to piedmont for a home-cooked sunday night dinner at kilo parents' house. 

swordfish was on the menu, but golf was on the mind.

gulp-wine-gulp. gulp-gulp-gulp.

a few glasses of wine later, someone at the table makes a reference to michelle wie.  this gets my attention and apparently kyle's dad's attention as well because he IMMEDIATELY looks at me and says "you look kind of like michelle.  you know, the hair and everything."

elliot and i make eye contact.

kilo and i make eye contact.

franimal and i make eye contact.

gulp-gulp-gulp.

- the whole table bursts out laughing -

this situation was only made funnier by the fact that before our first round of golf with kilo and franimal a few months ago, elliot sent around an invite to the group with a stellar photo of michelle in it - post-drive, nice twist, amazing follow-through.  the photo clearly wasn't me, as evidenced by the whole "post-drive, nice twist and amazing follow-through" parts, but for a good two or three days, fran didn't think twice about those things and firmly believed that it was me in the photo.  must be because michelle and i have such similar hair...


m.wie and her hair "post-drive, nice twist, amazing follow-through"

me and my hair from my company directory

1 comment: